DISCLAIMER

the views expressed in this blog are purely that of the author....any insult, pun , double meaning or leg-pulling of any person, thing or organisation is purely intentional and not at all co-incidental.
Read at your own risk.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

futuristic predictions based on herculean assumptions.........

"Does your Horoscope nearly always bring forth considerable amount of  "horror" and bits and pieces of "scope".
Well that seems to be the case with me. And whats more disgusting is that whenever I log into to facebook, I  invariably find the heading "Astrology- Today's _______  Horoscope" of my friends and to my surprise I find that many of them are exposed to hard and terrible predictions about their day (reading which should ruin their day anyhow) and still people keep reading it, I mean how do you get the enthusiasm to go on if some "Technically advanced and highly accurate" software keeps telling you that you have been doing fairly poorly throughout your life and a dismal future awaits you.
On this rather high (or low) note I would like to discuss a story of one of my friends. This person( lets say X),
{ I would have to post a different article about how we use or rather abuse X, I mean since time immemorial we have used X not only to denote unknown quantities , or designate the location of a treasure or indicate danger or use an animated version of it - you know with the skull an bones to designate Captain Jack Sparrow or rather the Pirates and also the famous "Danger 440 volts" symbol. And it is when we use multiple X that things start to get out of hand.I guess all this boils down to X denoting the "land of the unknown" where things are just a bit out-of-the-way.}
Anyways, getting back to the person called X, he was rather addicted to computer games more so with counter-strike, although he thought that he would somehow manage to scrape through all the exams but the professors had someone else in mind and how did it all go??? Lets just say the exams results can be summed up as "X proposes but Prof disposes".  With a "not-so-good" grade card he happened to find it tough in the campus interviews and unfortunately could not bag any offers.
He then started to apply through off-campus drives and found it rather difficult to compete with thousands when his competition in college were not even a hundred. This is the time men turn to astrologist s frantically seeking help and are willing to do anything to turn-the-tides.(Another footnote here: considering there is a single piece of each planet governing our future, and astrologist s prescribing all sorts of things to change the effect the planet has on us, doesn't the planet fnd it rather amusing that any of its movements, a little here and a little there could change the fortunes of an entire nation, considering politicians are out-right believers of astrology. I would rather love to be one of he planets, preferably saturn, as I would wake up in the morning and stretch-out my arms I would look down on earth and see that suddenly a dictatorship has changed into democracy, or if I scratch my back I would find the Berlin wall bring brought down.I wish!!! I wish!!) and any  improvement from the previous situation, we thank the astrologer for his services. Moving back to the story, Mr.X visited the astrologer as he had already spent a month-and-a-half and hardly had any interview calls.Finally the astrologer predicted that a change of place would do miracles for him along with a gem that he prescribed to be purchased from the jewellery store he prescribed or else results could be devastating.
Mr. X followed every bit of advise and moved to another city but faced the same situation there. What was worse that he had applied to a lot of good companies when he was at home and took them some time to respond and by the time the responses came in he a sitting in a classroom that taught some professional computer courses in a far away city. So he decided to go back to attend the last few interviews and when he did that he missed his chance to attend interviews in the new city. So, basically he lost out on all the best offers while he was moving to-and-fro. A little bit of patience and a little faith in himself and he could have landed a dream job.
Nevertheless, talking about astrologers , I admit to having visited a fair share of them, not out of necessity per se ( although I needed my fortunes to change during many phases of my life) but more out of curiosity and more so to be an obedient child. On one such visit I happened to learn that my life was in disarray and some serious predictions and allegations about my character and thus my future was being put forth. He even mentioned the day I would die.I once thought of asking him his due date of death and see if could relieve him of his duties simply by choking him then and there, thus proving predictions wrong, but then I thought that his other prediction about my nature and future would come true. But then I soon found out something that allowed my mind to have some peace, I learnt that his wife had eloped with another man simply because....well lets just say something wasn't right....what it was, I leave it to your imagination!!!!!!!!!!
Now that we have established my undying faith in astrology I would like to know yours. For all the ardent supporters of astrology or astrologists themselves who are reading this , I am truly sorry. Not that I am sorry for what I wrote but more so because you of all people had to read this.
Anyways I believe most of you reading this must have visited an astrologer atleast once in your lifetime, I 
would like to hear your experiences, great-good-bad-horrible whatever it may be,and I would like to hear from the other side( in-favour of astroogy) just to restore some balance to the conversation.

Here I would like to sign-off saying that ...."Haat ki lakiro mein kya likkha hain........kismat to unki bhi hoti hain jinke haat nahi hote"
I do not know whether you have watched Back To The Future( if not do watch it). There in the very last scene the scientist from the future hands the girl a parcel containing a photograph of her in the future. The girl anxiously opens the parcel to see herself in the future but finds that the photograoh is blank.Confused she asks the scientist what this meant and he says that "Your future has not been written yet. It is upto you to make it a good one".............

Sayonara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. awesome writing...i like the way u pen ur thoughts choosing the exact words..how do u do it mate?? the selection of words and their positioning is so brilliant...simple words..and in simple positions but still awesome...some1 has rightly said...the most brilliant things in the world are simple..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ R.S.- I am just another person adding some words to my thoughts. I am humbled by your appreciation and am glad you liked it. But wait for the next one though, I hope you will like it too.

    ReplyDelete

comments please!!!!!!!